Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lazy Sunday

Sunday again. It's overcast for the first time this week, kind of a welcome break by my opinion. There's this soft little breeze tickling the apricot-bearers, and I've always thought the whisper somewhat melodic. Anyways.

It's been sort of a fun weekend at casa de Rainey; yesterday the Metric Hogs rode en masse through Republic, up to Bonaparte. A half mile outside of Curlew Gabe's beloved Vulcan had a little engine trouble, postponing lunch for my poor little grumbly tummy. After Dad and Gabe pushed the steel horse to salvation, we finished the ride up to our signature lunch spot and dined on burgers and fries. Well, that is, they dined on burgers and fries; I ordered my usual salad and suffered through endless taunts by Gabe, who stated matter-of-factly that my food was pathetic.

"You're really making fun of me for being healthier than you?" I pointed out as he shoveled food into his face, pausing long enough to raise an eyebrow and say;

"That would bother me if I couldn't outlift you by 100 pounds."

"Yeah, but you couldn't pull off a bikini as well as me."

And even he couldn't argue with that.

Next weekend is bound to be good, given the extra day of relaxation. My plans as of now are up in the air, but they're bound to come down eventually. For now, I'll enjoy a lazy Sunday afternoon and pop in the Alanis Morissette CD Mum requested that I listen to.

A short post, I know, but I'll try and write some again this week.

Break out those sunglasses! Ciao!

No comments: