Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Picking Apples and Planting Zinnias



Today I thought was going to be boring because I had to weed in the garden. Little did I know, I would do more than weed. This morning we took a trip to Omak. On the way back we stopped King's Garden (A.K.A Mike & Annie's.) We picked out some neat flowers and the mosquitoes picked on us. We got home and then we were sent out to the garden to weed. When we were little farther than halfway through our first bed, we noticed My mom and a man named Dan McCarthy. He told us our apple trees were infested with Coddling Moths. So me, Jesse, and Raine picked the apples off of three trees. Then we raked them up and put them in black plastic bags. Then we we put them in the middle of the yard so the sun would kill the moths inside.
I also planted some flowers. Even though the title says so, I didn't plant the Zinnias, My cousin did. I think I did a good job. I wonder what I will do tomorrow.
Here are some pictures of my pets.

No comments: