Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tonasket Fever

It's hard not to love Tonasket in early Autumn- I swear its something straight out of a fairytale. 60-70 degrees, sun's shining, and there's a slight gentle breeze. Its times like this when I realize why my mom is so in love with this town. When I realize I might just be, too.
School has started and I'm officially a freshman. Kinda scary, when you think about it. We're two weeks into school and I already have the goal to be valedictorian, which just goes to show you how much of an over-achiever I am. What's even better is the fact that I started writing my speech. If that's not being pro-active- tell me, what is?
Our house has been taken over by flies, which love to land on our faces and arms and computer screens while we work. Luckily, today we recieved our custom fly-swatter-tennis-racket-gizmos, as I've christened them. You just press a button, hit a fly and then viola! Fried flies, anyone?
Gabe and Sky have spent the past twenty minutes trying these out. They're leaping around the house like ninjas, slapping their flyzappers on every surface possible and scoring each other for how loud the snap was. Its times like this that I wonder what my life would be like in a house of girls... and then I picture it and I thank Jehovah I don't have sisters!
Jesse has been sick for the past few days with fever, and he's taken to walking around the house wrapped in his blanket like a giant slug. It's kinda funny, actually.
Well, that's it for now! Thanks for reading!

No comments: