Wednesday, October 1, 2008

All in a simple Wednesday....

Hey everybody! I'm going to start writing better starting now.... Wednesday, the Fiery crimson ball of light rose over the distant hills and poured onto the surface of the earth. Birds opened there beaks to sing loudly. Slumbering bodies rolled over in their bed and opened their eyes slightly. Father's loud, booming voice said "Time to get up, children!" Rubbing my blurry eyes, I shakily set one foot on the cold floor.

♥ ♥ ♥

I was soon sitting on the velvety green davenport staring out the smudgy window. My garden was not doing so well. Flowers' heads drooped unhappily. Wistfully, I dropped my head onto the armrest and closed my heavy eyelids. Suddenly I sprang up and flew out the back door. By the time it clanged shut I was too far away to hear it. I sank to my knees when I reached the sandpile, for that was as far as I had wanted to go. Soft sand lay underfoot. I heard howling coyotes in the end of the property. I knew that they were probably farther away than it seemed, but that didn't matter to me. I stood, frightened by the yowling dog voices. Quickly I turned around and ran back to the house. When I got there everyone was dressing into their clothes. I slipped into the bedroom and took off my pajamas.

♥ ♥ ♥


Sometime later I sat down on a wooden chair in front of the breakfast table. My backpack sat on the chair next to me. In front of me lay a math textbook, a sharpened pencil, and mug of cocoa. Oh how I tire of writing sums, reading biographies, and spelling difficult words! Lucky for me, A friend drove up the drive way at that moment. Her name is Kelly, and she arrived with 4 new quilts! I claimed a pretty quilt, sprinkled with flowers and butterflies. I quickly made up my bed with it. It looked so pretty on my bed. The sun shone on the bed from the windowsill. It was fresh, crisp, and clean. Although I had to return to my work, I felt better. While I was working on my fractions, I was faintly listening to the conversaition that Kelly and my mother were having. This helped me get along, and before I knew it, it was luncheon time. Lunceon was a bowl filled with warm beef flavored broth and soft chewy noodles. We call it Top Ramen, or noodle soup. After Luncheon I was working on my fractions again when my mother got an unexpected telephone call from a nice girl named Bethany.
It was on this day that we were to get our pictures taken for school. Bethany was to be the photographer. We were going to drive to the park at 3:00. Instead it was 1:00 and Bethany said that they were ready to take the pictures. In a frantic rush, we all sqeezed into the bathroom and brushed our teeth, combed our hair, and practiced our sparkling smiles. Finally we all piled into the large indigo van and buckled our seat belts. It was a pretty ride to town, and I seldom had the oppertunity to see it. When we got there I ran to the tree where photos were being snapped.

♥ ♥ ♥


We had our photos taken in at least 7 different places. I was so anxious to play at the park I hardly waited for the last shot to be snapped before I tore myself away from the group and flung myself into an open swing. After a brief moment of catching my breath, I realized I was the only one in the park. I swung on swings, climbed monkey bars, and slid down slides. Mother and Gina came back from the store and we drove home. I returned to fractions. George and Marylin are coming soon. It was a good day...

C.T Always diet cold turkey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Chey you are a great writer. If i didn't know any better I wouldn't guess that you were a 12 year old girl I would think that you were an adult. I love reading your blog because there is nothing misspelled and it's intriguing

Cheyla said...

Thank you sky. I'm sure your blog will be just as exciting.

Anonymous said...

i love your writing!!! it's so exciting.... your a really good writer, Chey!