Thursday, January 21, 2010

Whole New Year!

Well, 2009 is gone and here we are, starting a new decade. One of the very first things we did was roadtrip down to Seattle. This time, though, we dragged along some oakie blood- Cheyenne Kammeyer (see Chey's Words). Our first stop was Beth's Cafe`. Dakota and Gabe tackled a 12-egg omlett and mom and dad ate one together. I ate a huge $6.00 milkshake with french fries, and both Jesse and the other Chey had cheeseburgers.
After that filling brunch, we checked into the Embassy Suites. All of us kids gazed at the shining tile floors and the decorative koi pond. Jesse, however, was more interested in the pool. A short time later we unlocked our rooms and let orselves in. It was the best looking hotel room I had ever seen. Of course the first thing we did was get dressed for the pool. Because it was mid-week it was empty (yay). I wanted to relax in the hot tub first, But Cheyenne insisted on going into the pool first. So we jumped in. The water was surprisingly warm, and I waded in it for abot 5 minutes before I set foot in the hot tub. The hot tub was was NICE! I was so relaxed I nearly fell asleep. My next stop was the sauna, which was great! I loved the sauna.
I played in the pool probaby 1 1/2 hours that day before heading upstairs to take a hot shower. Then I got dressed and ready for a visit to one of my aunts- Aunt Bethany. She made deliciouse chicken enchiladas that tasted so good they could be in the 'Guiness Book of World Records'. The rest of the night I split my time equally between visiting my cousins and visiting my aunts.
The next morning I headed down to the breakfast and helped my self to Rice Krispies, Pancakes and Bacon. I also had cocoa and apple juice. For the rest of the morning I played in the pool. It was nice, because when they turned on the waterfall it was cool to stand under it. It was also great because the pool was pretty much empty, besides one boy whom we didn't know. We ended up playing Marco Polo w/ him. More in Part 2.

No comments: