Sunday, September 14, 2008

Field Trip to Outward Bounds

Dawn... I woke to Daddy's cellphone playing a ring tone that sounded like aliens were landing. The first thing I said that day was, "The aliens are landing!" Then I rolled out of bed. I had been really excited about this day ever since Monday. 'Twas the day we would go to Outward Bounds. I ate breakfast. I forget what I ate. So after that I dressed in my Yellow sweater, white tank top and red sweater/shirt. After that we made a mad rush to make lunches and brush our teeth and all that quintessence (stuff). Finally we piled into the blue van and rushed off to school... at 7:30!! When we got there we saw 1 car in the parking lot so we were kinda worried that we were late. All was well though, 'cause Ashlyn (my amigo) was there and she said that the vehicles that were going to drive us to Outward Bounds weren't there yet. So we walked into the Outreach portable and I was weighed down with like a 50 pound bag + a lunch box!!! Ashlyn showed me to the couch area and I collapsed on the floor. Finally a teacher lady said our transports were here so I said, Hallajuya (I think!) We climbed into a car and I got squished in between Cheyenne (my buddy) and Ashlyn (my amigo). Up front were Sami (my pal) and Jesse (My bro) and Gabe (By BIG bro). It really made me mad I had to sit in the middle. Here I am, crammed into a place with about 2 inches of leg room. So after a long ride there I stagger out of a car into a place that's warm and sunny. We hiked down a hill and threw our "luggage" onto a porch. So the first game we played was a game were two people get blindfolded and call each other from two sides of a field. We try to find each other. Whoopde doo. After we are done we ask each other what our favorite food is. I don't know about you but personally I don't really have a favorite food . So the girl asked me and I just shrugged and said the first thing that came to my mind: A burrito. After that we played a series of games and I just went along pretending to be challenged. At lunch I ate what was in my lunch box and mooched off of everyone I knew. Then at the end of lunch, this girl named Talula shrieked "THERE'S A VENOM SPEWING BLISTER BUG THAT WILL RELEASE POISONOUS VAPOR IF YOU STEP ON IT!!! when a kid almost stepped on she practically was sobbing her eyes out. Luckily it the bug slipped between a crack in the porch before and poisonous vapor was released, and Talula did not hyperventilate. The rest of the day was pretty much the same except on the way back I got a window seat. And on the way back i found out Sami and Cheyenne were coming over so yeah! G'night!

No comments: