Sunday, September 7, 2008

Today

Dawn... I sleepily awoke to the sound of daddy calling us to get up. I stretched out under the comforter to see what would happen. I heard daddy go into Dakota and Jesse's room. He said something, and then I heard Mama say; "Dakota is the first one up!" I knew it was my turn. The order is usually Dakota, Me, Gabe, Jesse. I only get up second so I get a good place on the couch. usually the good corner seat is taken if you get up third. So I plunked down on the green sofa, which was cold, as usual. In the mornings the couches are always freezing. That is why you have to bring a blanket with you in the mornings. If you don't, you sit there shivering in your pajamas, wishing you had a blanket but knowing If you get up you lose the good seat. In our old house there was a different routine. If you got up you had exactly 2 minutes to do whatever you needed to do. Now, though its just, "You move your meet you lose your seat." Sheesh! Anyway, I got breakfast (Gotart) and then dressed for meeting. As usual there was the "My turn for bathroom," and the "I get that seat." We went to meeting. After meeting, I was getting into my casual cloths and I realized that there is a seat chain in life as well as a food chain. First is Grown-ups. You know they get the good corner seat. If you try to pretend you don't know, others will not hesitate to remind you. Next is guests. You sit somewhere and mom tells you. Let the guests sit there. 7 people+ 6 seats= You sitting on a pillow on the ground. Next is FINALLY kids. Not many people complain of wanting to sit where we sit. We get the leftovers. We're beggers. Last and least is pets. you wanna sit where they're sitting? kick 'm off. All they do is give you a pitiful look that says, "I am apparently your slave." I ate a sandwich for lunch, and headed off to my room to read. After a while Sami+Tammy came over. They are fun. Mostly I sat on the sand pile and read books. Then we got subway. YUMMMMM!!! I don't remember the last time I had fast food (okay, I do.) Anyhow... That's pretty much it. I started to watch King Kong, but I stopped around the middle. That's the happiest part. Kay that's pretty much it. Bye!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

today was really fun.... i hope you as excited about the field trip as i am!!! YYAYAYYAYAYYAYAYYAYA! BAM!